Monday 14 July 2014

#453 ~ The Burial of Thebes

The Burial at Thebes: A Version of Sophocles' AntigoneThe Burial at Thebes: A Version of Sophocles' Antigone by Seamus Heaney

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A year ago I would have laughed heartily and long if anyone had told me I'd give one of the Classics A 5 star review.

It is one of the book's on the Open University AA100 The Arts past and present module, and I had been ambivalent at best, so when my Amazon package arrived I just thought it would be a quick flick through. How wrong could one girl be?

From the first word I was hooked. Seamus Heaney has done the most excellent job of making this Classic readable, and more importantly understandable and interesting.

I can't wait to get a deeper understanding of the text as my course goes on.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment