Thursday 20 August 2015

#464 ~ Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts


Custard Tarts and Broken HeartsCustard Tarts and Broken Hearts by Mary Gibson



My rating: 5 of 5 stars














In the end it was a simple choice to give this 5 stars. Not because of the amazing prose or rhetoric, but for the simplicity of the work.

A solid, down to earth, good old fashioned story of a Bermondsey girl and the enduring love she found for her family, and her Sam.

It was simply written well, with no added flourishes, that would have diminished its power. Beware it had me bawling like a little babe at the end.

I loved it, and a worthy 5 stars.


The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I loved it all; no mistakes that I picked up on and not a "gotten" in sight.

Happy reading.

Hugs

Kay
xoxox 


No comments:

Post a Comment