Monday 31 August 2015

#9 ~ Scribblings of Freya



I started reading 'How to Write Poetry: A resource for students and teachers of Creative Writing' by Cynthia Sharp; another Kindle Unlimited Download.

In the chapter of two she talks about building an imagery file, which is actually something that I have done in a quite haphazard way for a few months.  I think I now need to go through my notebooks, and pull out the relevant bits and put them in one specific place.  She then went on to provide some imagery to use for either a Haiku, or 3 line poem.


'The diamond splatter of winter rain'

I used it to come up with a proper Haiku - that is to say, not one that is just 5:7:5 syllables, but that has a natural context.


Leaf

The diamond splatter

on winter rain on green leaf

jewel of nature free


(c) Freya Thorne 
31/8/2015
United Kingdom
All Rights Reserved



I then went on to play with it a bit further for a 3 line poem, it's quite freeing to not have to worry about syllable length.


Splatter

The diamond splatter of winter rain on green leaf

Heavenly bounty displayed with majesty

A gift from on High to lighten the burden of my soul


(c) Freya Thorne
3/8/2015
United Kingdom
All Rights Reserved


I'm really pleased with how the development has worked out, and now I can feel something even longer bubbling away in my cauldron of creativity.

It's a bit disturbing where the poet in me sprang from.  I could understand it a bit more if A215 had actually started!  So, perhaps it is just something in me anyway ... my place, my calling, my destiny.

Happy rainy Bank Holiday Monday all.

Freya
xoxo


Bibliography

Sharp, Cynthia, 'How to Write Poetry: A resource for students and teachers of Creative Writing' 16 November 2014 Published by David Carlyle (Country Unknown) on Amazon UK and downloaded as a Kindle Unlimited book from HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment